Nashville will go through a cold spell next week. Starting Sunday temperatures will fall below freezing and will stay there until Wednesday afternoon.
We need help to reach out to people who experience homelessness. Please direct people to local shelters. We have an updated Information Line at 615-800-0195.
The following shelters are available:
Nashville Rescue Mission:
- Men’s Campus, 639 Lafayette Street;
- Women’s Campus, 1716 Rosa L. Parks Blvd.;
- If you need transportation, please call the Mission’s Cold Patrol at 615-255-2475.
Room In The Inn:
- Be at 705 Drexel Street by 4:30 p.m. to seek shelter at a local congregation;
- If you have questions, call Room In The Inn from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at 615-251-7019.
Both locations will offer extended hours throughout the day to help people stay out of the cold.
Emergency Warming Shelters for people with pets, for couples, and for people who have been banned from other shelters:
- Sunday, Jan. 5
- Monday, Jan. 6
- Tuesday, Jan. 7
- Be at the Church Street Park across from the Nashville Downtown Library at 5 p.m. (pick up is between 5 and 5:30 p.m.)
We need help!
The following items can be dropped off at Metro Social Services, 800 Second Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37201. Times: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Hand & Feet Warmers
- Twin Sheets
We are also looking for volunteers to assist with the Emergency Warming Shelters. For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact Judy Tackett at email@example.com
Please hand out the following information flyer and post it in visible locations around town for people who experience homelessness: Cold Weather Alert flyer