How’s Nashville residents want to let donors know what a difference their contribution has made in their lives:
- Having housing means to have your own key, one resident said.
- I now have a restroom and can take a shower, another one added.
- I can do my laundry.
- I have my own bed.
- We are protected from the elements and in a health emergency, we can call for help and deal with it.
- We have privacy, we don’t need to worry about police harassment.
- And then, one resident said that we cannot forget to write down the peace of mind that housing brings. All of them agreed.
- One person described how the stress of living on the street aggravated symptoms of paranoia and bi-polar disease. “I could not make any sound decisions for myself until I was in housing.”
Please consider making a difference in a person’s life by donating to the How’s Nashville fund.